As a network attached library, the mDC acts like a CD/DVD
jukebox and provides read-only access to finalized data
sets. In its base 240 GB configuration, it has the equivalent
storage capacity of a 360-disc CD jukebox.
Unlike a jukebox, however, the mDC provides immediate
access to data. There are no access time bottlenecks related
to robotic movements and disc loading/unloading, or constraints
on the concurrent number of users due to the limited availability
of CD-ROM drives.
Data marked for archive is moved to the mDC's Static Library
and is read-only. Data sets in the Static Library are
automatically placed on CD or DVD archive discs for permanent,
secure storage.The mDC logs the Data Set location (archive
disc locator information) into its internal database and
labels the disc with this information.
Archived Data Sets can be retained online for immediate
access in the mDC's Static Library. Data Sets are removed
from the online Static Library in accordance with user
parameters and system-wide parameters (system parameters
are set by the System Administrator).
Data that has been moved off-line can be easily restored
by placing the archive disc in the mDC's DVD-ROM reader.
The mDC automatically restores the selected data to its
For anyone on the network, the mDC Center can function
like a printer that records and labels CDs/DVDs instead
of paper documents. Discs can contain engineering drawings,
photos, sales presentations, billing and accounting information,
project "snapshots," or any other digital data
that you need to send out or store on portable media.
You can use the mDC to transfer data to CD or DVD from
tape or other network resources, or to combine data from
a number of different of CDs onto DVD.
- Network appliance plugs into your network
- Outperforms jukeboxes and costs less
- Much greater functionality and data security than
- Indispensable addition for meeting new data retention
and privacy regulations, such as HIPAA (healthcare)
and SEC (financial)
- Provides permanent archival and legal hardcopy of
- Database tools for tracking data and disc locations
- One step data restoration function
- No limit on file or data set size for archival; automatically
spans discs (CDs or DVDs)
- Provides high data density for archives; no partial
- Windows NT/2000 and Unix compatible
- Integrated, high speed, scalable storage capacity
(240 GB to multiple TB)
- One-step CD/DVD recording and labeling for archival